Bespoke websites for dentists and dental practices
What’s the purpose of a practice website and why do you need one?
Let’s face it, no one uses the phone book anymore. Everything, and everyone, is online, so if your practice isn’t, then no one’s going to find you.
A well-built website is a one-stop-shop for visitors to find out everything they need to know about your practice and to help them to make the well-informed decision that you’re the dentist for them. Best of all, it’s information that’s available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Your website will be working for you even when your practice is closed!
At Milkshake Dental Marketing, every website we create is tailor-made. After a free consultation that allows us to understand your business, we create a dental website that reflects your values and promotes your priorities.
Following the initial consultation, our in-house digital and copywriting team will create a bespoke dental website design specifically to meet your goals. You don’t need to do anything – just review the initial design and check the copy that we’ve written for you, advise us of amends and, when you are completely happy, we send your website out into the big wide world.
Milkshake built a lovely website for us and it’s working really well. Laura, Luke and Ryan have been very friendly and helpful, especially for a novice like me!Chris WhiteheadSt Peters Place Dental Practice - implantsandsmiles.co.uk
What will you get and what will we do?
Let’s start with the really good stuff. You will be getting a fully responsive website that looks magnificent on your patients’ phones, tablets and desktops and is tailored specifically to your practice. Here’s how it works.
With a little input from you, our team of digital marketing wizards and social media experts will research your local area and other practices in your vicinity. From there we are able to put together a plan on getting your dental website content to propel your practice towards the top of the Google rankings for specific, key ‘search terms’. For example, a practice based in Reading looking to increase their implant referrals might focus on the search term ‘Dental Implants in Reading’ – and if their dental website design is by Milkshake, they should be at the top of the Google results page!
Once the research is complete, our team of creative copywriters will start tapping away and write all – yes, you read that correctly, all – of the content for your dental website, from start to finish. We’ll create a consistent tone of voice that suits your patient base, with location-specific copy that focuses on the keyword research we performed at stage 1. This ensures peak SEO (Search Engine Optimisation) – the key to getting your practice to rise up the Google rankings. Oh, and did we mention that we can also arrange for a professional photographer to attend your practice for a ½-day shoot? Part of our enhanced website package, this means stunning imagery of you and your practice – creating a dental website design that has personality and presence. Just don’t forget your hairbrush!
Next, our team of designers will work their magic, coming up with a beautiful dental website design that really fits the image of your practice. At Milkshake Dental Marketing we will structure your practice website so that it is visible on Google and complies with all GDC and CQC requirements. We’ll also test it on all the most popular platforms to make sure your patients will like what they see, no matter where they’re seeing it.
We make sure your dental website is compliant as standard
All of our websites meet every GDC, CQC and Data Protection compliance procedures as standard. And rest assured, we are always on top of upcoming regulation changes and will make sure you stay up-to-date automatically, so you never have to worry again!
So what will the website be able to do?
Well you’ve made it this far so you probably know you’ll get a website, but we like to think of it as so much more than that! A Milkshake dental website design is planned thoroughly to suit your needs and can include, brace yourselves, any or all of the following:
- Online booking facility to handle your appointment diary online*
- Contact forms throughout the website that sync with databases to collect all messages from visitors and email notifications to let you know when someone wants to get in touch
- All the contact information you would ever need! We will make sure every phone number, emergency line, email address and even fax number is accessible and that it’s all in the right place, so visitors to your site can find it with ease (we’re sure you will agree that there’s nothing more annoying than having to dig around page after page just to find a phone number!)
- Secure patient referral forms so you can accept patients from referring dentists with ease (we recommend speaking to us about adding some extra security to your website if this is important to you)
- Comprehensive fee guides to ensure complete transparency, allowing patients to see your charges for every treatment you offer.
- Payment plan signups You can advertise your dental plan to patients and start the process of converting them to your plan by embedding a series of forms.
- Downloadable files and documents including referral forms, lab dockets, patient leaflets, newsletters and everything in-between.
- Email integrations allowing you to capture the information of potential new patients without lifting a finger.
- Complete synchronisation with your practice social media accounts (we recommend checking out our social media management packages to see how this can take your practice marketing to the next level!)
- Links to your Google Business page (this includes the fantastic Google search feature that gives visitors a snapshot of your contact details, Google map, opening hours etc.) and Facebook page to allow existing patients to leave you those all-important 5-star reviews.
- An integrated blogging platform allowing you to post regular industry and practice news. It’s also important to remember that Google loves fresh, regular content as much as your patients do, so this can have a direct impact on your Google ranking.
- Targeted landing pages to channel patients to particular treatment options or special offers (these work best when combined with some of our pay-per-click advertising campaign packages)
- Total analysis We will install two analytical platforms onto your website, including the most popular Google Analytics, allowing us to track almost every imaginable metric of data about who is visiting your website, what they’re looking at and why.
That’s a lot to take in, and there’s more!
Most of the dental websites we create will contain the majority of the things we have listed above – but there are always more elements that can be included. If you have any questions, please get in touch – we’d love to talk websites with you!
Give us a call on 01844 292086 today or contact us another way!
What do you need to do?
We understand that working in a busy practice day-to-day and trying to find time to focus on your website can be difficult, if not impossible – which is why we’re here. From start to finish, Milkshake Dental Marketing does all the legwork for you, making your website work hard to generate new business and keep your patients happy. What’s more, your input is only required at four key stages.
Our four-step process is typical of how we create a website from start to finish – though we like to keep you involved as much as possible, both throughout the development phase and once the website is up and running. We encourage clients to keep in touch and we love it when you send us fresh content, such as details of new team members or special offers that we can use to keep patients engaged and your dental website up-to-date.
We will arrange a visit or conference call with various members of our creative team to drill down to the important information at the start of the process. We’ll identify the main focus topics for your dental website and explain how we can get you the results you want. Following this meeting, we will ask you to complete a form, which summarises all of the key information, including the details of your practice and team, and what you want your website to look like. Then you can sit back while the Milkshake Dental Marketing designers, copywriters and social media experts get down to work!
We will send you a personalised link to the initial creative ideas for your dental website. This will give you a clear idea of the look, feel and function of your new website, and give you lots of time to provide feedback. We’ll work on the initial development until you’re happy for us to complete the entire website.
The next time you hear from us, we’ll be close to the finished article. The bulk of your dental website will have been put together, and we will talk you through it and ask for your final thoughts and amendments. Commonly at this phase we are almost ready to get your brand new website up and running and are just looking to add in those last few images or make some minor adjustments, such as changes to your fee list.
How much will it cost?
15-Page Dental Website
- Bespoke design
- All copywriting
- 3 monthly amendments
- 1 year’s FREE hosting
- Keyword integration and optimisation
- Google Analytics & reporting
- Integration with Google+ & Google Business (new registrations only)
Things to consider
Domains, web hosting and emails are all important to think about when developing your new website
Domains and web hosting
We don’t include domain transfers and/or email transfers in our packages as we find they vary in complexity. We’ve split how we do this into three clear categories.
This one’s easy! If you don’t have a dental website at the moment and would like us to get hold of a domain for you, that’s no problem. We charge a one-off fee for this, which becomes a recurring cost over each 12-month period from the date the domain is registered. These vary in cost so give us a call to find out more.
To take advantage of your 12-month inclusive web hosting through Milkshake Dental Marketing, you will need to transfer your domain into our hosting package. Generally this is pretty straightforward, but it’s best to get it sorted sooner rather than later (there’s nothing worse than having a great new website, ready to launch, and nowhere to put it). This would be a one-off cost on top of the price of your package, depending on the complexity of the transfer. Give us a call to find out more.
This can be a bit more involved as we need to secure a copy of your current website and move your domain to our servers to ensure minimal downtime. Once we have moved the domain, we will ensure we put your existing website back up straight away while we develop the new one – this way, you will never lose a patient. To do this, we charge a one-off fee, separate to your monthly package cost. Because we we can’t guarantee how easy this process will be, the cost may vary from practice to practice. Give us a call to find out more.
A lot of people often aren’t aware that their web domains and email systems are linked – so changes made to your domain can cause issues with your emails. At Milkshake Dental Marketing we analyse your set-up thoroughly before making any changes, ensuring your email systems are always working.
Should the emails conflict in any way, we endeavour to offer you the most cost-effective solution. Similar to the domains and web hosting situations, we charge a one-off fee for this, separate from the cost of your package. At Milkshake Dental Marketing, we offer two types of email solution that we find work for the majority of practices.
Most practices need more email addresses, upgraded mailbox space, shared calendars and synchronised contacts – so using our advanced exchange email system is the perfect choice! All exchange set-ups are managed separately from your domains, so you never have the worry about conflict.
A reliable email system is crucial for a busy practice, and our system offers perfect synchronisation and ease of us. There are huge benefits to using an exchange system like this, so please feel free to give us a call so we can discuss your needs.
Our email system comes with a software suite, including set-up instructions, advanced security and a FREE copy of Microsoft Outlook to install in your practice.
Please note that our exchange email systems are charged separately to the monthly cost of your package on a monthly basis. These costs vary depending on how many mailboxes you require.
Email Setup per email address (one off fee) – £90.00 +VAT
Email Hosting (annual fee) – £90.00 +VAT