It was four years ago this month that Milkshake Dental Marketing was born!
This has got us thinking about the number four, and how it’s perceived in popular culture. Here’s a quick and quirky round-up of some things we discovered about the power of four…
- Four-leaf clovers are considered to be lucky in Irish folklore. The four leaves are said to represent hope, faith, love and luck.
- The Fantastic Four (Mr. Fantastic, the Invisible Woman, the Human Torch and the Thing) of Marvel Comics fame combine their various superpowers to protect those of us without them.
- The Fab Four (John, Paul, Ringo and George) were arguably the most popular band in the world (and may still be).
- The four seasons of the earth are widely celebrated in popular culture, most notably by the composer Antonio Vivaldi, with his four eponymous (and some might say ubiquitous) violin concerti.
- In English, we collectively refer to swear words as four letter words (even when they’re not!)
- The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse in the Christian tradition are the harbingers of dreadful things, such as war, famine and death.
- Four is an unlucky number in the Far East, as in many eastern languages (such as Chinese dialects, Japanese, Vietnamese and Korean) the word for four sounds similar to the word for death.
- In Buddhism, Prince Siddhartha’s spiritual journey was spurred by the suffering he witnessed in the Four Sights (an old man, a sick man, a corpse and an ascetic).
And the Random!
- Tetraphobia is the irrational fear of the number four, especially common in the Far East, due to the above-mentioned linguistic issue.
- Apart from pesky flies, all winged insects have four wings.
- The four-second rule is reportedly the amount of time that an internet user will wait for a page to load before impatiently clicking away.
- And finally, one from our geeky copywriter, who reminds us that four is the only number in English that has the same number of letters as its numerical value.
While you let all that sink in, we have another ‘fantastic four’ for you to chew on – 4% off EVERYTHING!
Go ahead – pick one (or four) of our services and we’ll give you a 4% discount. But hurry – this offer ends when our birthday month does!*
Book here or call us on 01844 292086 today!
*To claim this offer you must contact us by 6:30pm on Friday 31st March 2017 to book a consultation. Your consultation and purchase must be completed by the end of April 2017.